[cod] Server

Jay Vasallo clanwarz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 05:34:52 EST 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Steven Hartland
<killing at multiplay.co.uk>wrote:

> **
> You care as the Linux binaries are based on the windows code base.
>
> Having Linux binaries won't magically fix all the failings of the game and
> problems with missing features unfortunately.
>
> If Ryan does get his hands on the code, he'll bring his wealth of
> experience and may well fix some additional issue not fixed in the core
> code base but I doubt he'll be able to fix all the problems or correct key
> issues like lack of ranked or no join by IP or search by server name in the
> client :(
>
>     Regards
>     Steve

I guess the first sign of fixes would be a simple dedicated server release
on Steam. One that was put together by their coders instead of the person
on this mailing list copying want we are doing for the dedicated package.
If he/she is reading, you missed the section where we fine tuned the files
to half the size by removing all the sp files. Just sayin ...

Have a good day!