[cod] Getting out of memory for certain maps

Markus Fischer markus at fischer.name
Wed Nov 4 18:26:33 EST 2009

Hi,

RedDragon wrote:
> i have had the same problem discriped below. The map runs fine under mod
> warfare but don't under openwarfare.

I'm using frontlines mod:

$ ls -lh mods/frontlines/mod.ff
-rw-r--r-- 1 cod4 cod4 3.0M 2009-11-01 11:03 mods/frontlines/mod.ff

$ ls -lh usermaps/mp_apesgorod/mp_apesgorod.ff
-rw-r--r-- 1 cod4 cod4 45M 2009-01-23 00:00
usermaps/mp_apesgorod/mp_apesgorod.ff

So maybe this is just too much?

Actually there's no particular reason for that mod; it's just that
without mod, I cannot get any usermaps to run, because:

Error: Can't find map "mp_apesgorod".
A mod is required for custom maps

It's really that I just want to have a mod so I can custom maps, that
was a headache right from the start because there're so many to choose
from when I just wanted to play those maps with a friend :/

thanks,
- Markus