[cod] Hidden Directory business

Brendan Hurley rizzla20 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 31 09:56:22 EDT 2009

set fs_savepath

Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:27:28 -0400
From: biovore at gmail.com
To: cod at icculus.org
Subject: [cod] Hidden Directory business

Hey everyone,

   So I have noticed over the years that the games Ryan does the ports for, always like to stick in a .<gametype> hidden directory into the users home directory.   I was wondering if there was a way to inform the server that it should put it some where else.  I am having problems because I want to

run 2 cod5 servers as the same user ID.  I have tried messing with fs_homepath and fs_basepath with no avail.  I have tried to cheat the $HOME bash envroment varible before I called the binary but it didn't seem to take.

Any Ideas from the server admin community?

Also other games like UT2K4 and COD4 I have noticed have the same issue.
--
Peter Fetterer
KB3GTN

The force is like duct tape.