[cod] What triggers COD 5 popup error messages? [Windows]

STIPE Administrator admin at stipe.com.au
Mon Jun 29 19:02:09 EDT 2009

Hi,

This is regarding the Windows version of Cod 5 dedicated servers.

I was wondering if anyone knew where the information for cod 5 error
triggering (Such as SAFE MODE) is stored?

I want to prevent safe mode messages from popping up.

For cod 4 its easy, a file called "__iw3mp" is created in the cod4 root
folder when an error occurs. So I just delete that file before starting the
server.

For cod5 however this is not the case. I've searched everywhere but had
little luck.

Things I've tried but have failed:

-          Seach for the "__iw3mp" OR "__CoDWaWmp" in the root folder of cod
5.

-          Search for the "__CoDWaWmp" in the
..\AppData\Local\Activision\.... folder

-          Set config-mp.cfg to read-only (on a good config)

Could it be a registry entry? Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Mike