[cod] Serious bug: No die handler for player entity type 15

Silent silent at ccmail.cc
Tue Jun 30 09:11:18 EDT 2009

Hello there,

today a player came on our server and played as expected.

Suddenly, he was IMMORTAL. Nobody could kill him.

I think he was NOT cheating, in our console_mp.log there where these
entries:

No die handler for player entity type 15
No die handler for player entity type 15No die handler for player entity
type 15No die handler for player entity type 15
No die handler for player entity type 15

We run no mod, standard maps.

Our config:
CODWAW, PunkBuster
Build 1144 BUILD 241023 CL(Wed Feb 11 12:46:58 2009)
193.192.58.105:28960

I think this is a serious bug. We could not reproduce it. He was
invulnerable until the map changed.

Anyone with the same experiences?

Thanks for comments.

Silent_Water

PS. I know there is a bug reporting system at
https://bugzilla.icculus.org/ - but noone cares about it.
I've submitted about eight bugs and got no reaction since months. All
appear as "Status: NEW".