[cod] Call of Duty 2: Handling UDP packets and response

Walker walkertje at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 14:00:23 EDT 2007

This was posted @
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/features/33861/Get-Ready-to-Get-Airborne

he last and final issue was the dedicated servers, or lack thereof. We are
pleased to say that we were playing on a dedicated server and it will be
available at launch. Several stock options have been added for
administrators, a custom interface is available for launching the server,
and the ability to remotely connect is also there. The dedicated server we
were playing on also held 16 people, which is four more than the previous
12. The team is still working and testing to get that number up even higher.
Server administrators will also be happy to know that Linux binaries should
be available close to launch, if not at launch.