Well, not the best solution, but at least CAL is trying - CAL Mandates A/C for COD2

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Sat Feb 11 14:50:53 EST 2006

CAL has mandated A/C client side program called "octinium".
It is basically a MPEG4 demo recorder.  While not exactly an anti-cheat
system, CAL is requiring ALL COD2 match participants run this demo
software, and for the matches, it does the Job.

It is a step in the right direction. We have had teams doing
some amazing things, and amazing since the new system
has been in place how all of a sudden the "magical shots"
and Ravage players seem to fall to "human" from super human.

http://forums.caleague.com/showthread.php?t=16110

It isn't Punkbuster, but then again who knows when that will be out
and CAL does carry a heavy stick.  I think CAL-o/m/i and CPL have
kept CS where it is.  There is a lot of money at stake there...

Yes, I know we said "We would rather have it "Right" then 3 patches
over time.  I think that was a "Blank check" for "we will get to it when
we can".  Meanwhile, I have had requests from our CLan to put
back up COD and UO servers.  Already bored with COD2, they
got the idea (from what I am told) from other clans that appear to
be doing the same thing.

Humm. Could it be possible that the thing COD:UO needed to
give it a kick in the butt was a poor sequel??  We will see.
Personally, I would like to see that trend die quickly when the
Patch for cod2 is out...

Mark

S4,Mark J. DeFilippis                    defilm at acm.org
                                        defilm at ieee.org