[cod] CoD2 Patch..

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Sat Feb 4 07:37:17 EST 2006

Nothing else to play?

If you check Gamespy, or Serverspy, GameMonitor, you will find COD-ALL
owns about 4% of all gaming servers.

CounterStrike, CS:Source owns nearly 75%+.

I am a HUGE COD fan. We have been a COD, UO, COD2 clan for
as long as the game has been out.   We own on the ladders also.
(TWL, we are in top 3 all ladders we play, HQ, S&D, CTF), except one of
our CTF ladders we use for Newbie training :)

We recently got in to CS, and it is not WWII, which I miss :(.
But man, playing some Cal-i teams, and even the open Cal-o
we have been wiped clean.  Geez, I thought we knew some great
tactics as my G.O.A is a Major in the U.S. Army. (We lose him
now and then for tours in Iraq. Great guy. Knows his tactics)
but there is a whole CS community out there.  Join an IRC
like irc.gamesurge.com where hundreds of CS clans hang
including the CPL at #CPL.

Cal-o, trying to get to Cal-m, money competition. Cal-m U
good enough, U go to cal-Invite. then CPL, the Cyber Professional
League.  We found there is this whole other world out there and
they existed way before COD did.
If you want some Humbling... pick up CS, use your tactics, and
face a CS team.  It is a very humbling experience. :)

I am hoping the clan will pick up COD2 again once PB comes
out.  I think they are just really pissed off at the same old thing.
They are owning, then all of a sudden the opponent becomes
these unbelievable players. Head shots every time, sometimes through
Walls...  err..  Like we are stupid.  Can['t prove it when they turn on
and off in a match, and it is a bummer.  Once PB is out, and I
hear some of the new maps are bigger, I hope they will
change their mind.

Mark

Mark J. DeFilippis                    defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org