[cod] HELP!! - Arrrg - Problem getting things running

Ian mu mu.llamas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 12:02:24 EST 2005

Glad to hear its all working anyway, most important thing :).

I would have to agree with Nemeth though, the Q3 engine can do funny
things when you have files named the same. If you call the file
server.cfg in essence have 2 server.cfg files in the same folder which
is "a" problem (even though ones hidden away as said pak0).
uoconfig_mp_server.cfg you shouldn't really have to worry about, but
there's nothing wrong really with deleting it and probably good
practice to make sure everythings set right every restart, but it
shouldn't make any difference as all the firm settings you want should
be in server(something).cfg which is execed every server start anyway,
so it shouldn't really have any issue with that. Sounds a little bit
like a workaround for the same problem maybe.

I know there was definitely problems with server.cfg in the early
releases of cod, could be they've worked around it in one of the later
patches, but wasn't aware of it. But for the sake of an extra char
needed (I just call mine server2.cfg) or something, I think its worth
just not naming it server.cfg as there's no real reason to stick to
that name.

ian