[cod] Performance issues (was Some feedback on 1.41d )

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Sat Sep 25 13:26:08 EDT 2004

I take it your new hear then Jay. We've had the new binaries installed since
they where announced ( on this list ). If you read the announcement this
fix only helps when things aren't moving.

[quote=Ryan]
Please note that the CPU usage is going to go back up to the 1.41c range
if every vehicle on the map is moving. Mostly the fix decides if it's
worth recalculating a vehicle for a given frame, which means on empty
servers you don't churn the CPU, and on servers where a vehicle isn't
being used, it doesn't take processing time.
[/quote]

    Steve / K