[cod] Performance issues (was Some feedback on 1.41d )

Luke luke at techfreak.org
Sat Sep 25 13:25:37 EDT 2004

Jay,

A piece of advice: myself, Killing and several other admins here are
trying to do some high-level diagnostics on the cpu usage of this
expansion so that we can pass this data to Ryan and gray Matter in
the hopes they can alleviate the problem.

I realize you are trying to help by posting a link to 1.41d but
frankly we are days ahead of you. Steves point is that the 2.4
Kernel can give misleading CPU usage reports in tools like 'top' -
so its at least possible (in my mind) that your data is based on
innacurate information - not ours. And, you havent responded yet on
what Kernel you are running so Im assuming you are just ignoring
this issue.

rather than try to 'educate' seasoned linux admins who have been
running dozens of different games for years and years - you might
pay attention to the points he is making and learn somehting. If
not, then your contributions are hindering our ability to pinpoint
the problem... comprede?

Luke

--
www.frankenworks.com - headquarters for linux game admins.