cfg files

stalvi stalvi at tek.iarc.uaf.edu
Mon Nov 8 15:23:49 EST 2004

Ok, while testing the other suggestions that many of you sent to me I
stumbled upon something that might be the problem.

my command to run the server is:

./cod_lnxded +set dedicated 2 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +set fs_homepath
"/usr/local/games/cod/" +exec bear.cfg &

What I am finding is that when it generates the config_mp_server.cfg
file it has these lines:

// generated by Call of Duty, do not modify

seta scr_motd "your MOTD here"
seta sv_hostname "your name here"

Even though I've set those in the bear.cfg file.

I notice when it launches, it tries to exec several other cfg files
which it is unable to locate.  I just assumed that as long as it found
one of them, it was ok.

The way I have this exec'ing is:

bear.cfg -> sd_map.cfg

I'm not sure where config_mp_server.cfg comes in, but do know that it
is auto-generated.