udpb-cod admin bot. Some advice?

Vye Wilson gentoolover at cox.net
Tue May 11 14:14:03 EDT 2004

I have been working on getting the udpb-cod admin bot working and I'm
having a bit of trouble. I got to the part where I test my configuration
and I got this:
[code]
root at Naruto udpb-cod # ./testpackage.py -v
TEST PACKAGE FOR UDPB-COD VERSION 1.1.1
(run with -v for more verbose output)
Parse config and verify that the bot can write to the specified logfile
... FAIL
Config file 'udpb-cod.cfg' exists and is readable ... ok
Parse config and verify that game's logfile is readable ... ok
Parse config for rcon information and attempt to connect to CoD server
... ok

FAIL: Parse config and verify that the bot can write to the specified
logfile
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./testpackage.py", line 44, in test_botlogfile
    self.assert_(os.access(botlogfile, os.W_OK), "'%s' exists, but can
not be writen to by the current user. Please make sure the bot has
permission to write to this file." % botlogfile)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/unittest.py", line 278, in failUnless
    if not expr: raise self.failureException, msg
AssertionError: '/opt/cod/udpb-cod.log' exists, but can not be writen to
by the current user. Please make sure the bot has permission to write to
this file.

Ran 4 tests in 0.009s

FAILED (failures=1)
[/code]
I don't really understand why this is happening since I'm running
everything as root (is that wise?)
Here is my configuration file so you can give me some advice on why this
is happening that would be nice:

[game_server]
; ip -- the address that the call of duty server is listening on
; port -- the port that the call of duty server is listening on
; rcon_password -- the rcon password to perform remote operations on the
CoD server
; main_dir -- absolute path to the main folder of call of duty (the
folder is actually called "main")
;ip=68.7.245.143
ip=192.168.7.103
port=28960
rcon_password=*********
main_dir=/root/.callofduty/main

[log_files]
; **NOTE** These paths should be absolute (start with a / on linux)
; game_logfile -- location of CoD's log (usually in the user who runs
the server's home dir)
; bot_logfile -- where you want the bot to keep its own logfile
; log_level -- this can be 10,20,30,40, or 50. 10 will log the most,
;               50 will only log critical errors. Do not set lower than 20
;               unless you need to debug
game_logfile=/root/.callofduty/main/games_mp.log
bot_logfile=/opt/cod/udpb-cod.log
log_level=20

[files]
; **NOTE** These paths can be absolute or relative to the bot's directory
; banfile -- file to store ban information in (in udpb's directory)
; regfile -- file to store server regulars (for auto-kick protection)
; adminfile -- file to store admin information in (in udpb's directory)
; eightballfile -- file to store eightball responses
; current_players_file -- this is an XML file listing all current
players (enable_xml_summary must be set to 1 to turn this on)
banfile=bans.cfg
regfile=regulars.cfg
adminfile=admins.cfg
eightballfile=eight_ball.cfg
current_players_file=/web/udpviper.com/current_players.xml

[email]
; the email notification system will email admins if the bot crashes for
any reason. The bot does try to autostart, so you should
; only take notice of these emails if you start to get several of them.
; enable -- 0 turns email notification off, 1 turns it on
; from_address -- this is the address that email from the bot will be
sent from (it doesn't need to be a configured address)
; to_addresses -- this is a space separated list of email addresses to
send notifications to. You can have 1 address or several.
; smtp_server -- this is the SMTP server's hostname to send email thru
; smtp_port -- port of the above SMTP server
enable = 1
from_address = clanau at cox.net
to_addresses = gentoolover at penguinmail.com
smtp_server = smtp.west.cox.net
smtp_port = 25

[levels]
level0 = Drone
level1 = Reglevel2 = Guard
level3 = Admin
level4 = Uber Admin
level5 = Lord Protector

[options]
; eight_ball_admin_level -- if a user is at or above this level they
will get the special admin 8ball responses
; team_damage_limit -- after this much damage is done to a teammate, the
player is kicked
; ping_limit -- kick players who ping higher than this limit (set to 0
to disable)
; * WARNING * Setting this value below 600 is not advised.
; zero_tolerance_time -- the ammount of time after a round starts that
kicks people for *any* team damage
; protected_level -- the level of admin, where they can't be autokicked
; kick_unnamed -- kick all players called "Unknown Soldier". Set to 0 to
disable.
; autokick_bantime -- number of minutes people who are autokicked will
be tempbanned for (set to 0 to disable)
; vigilatnte_delay -- number of seconds after a TK, that an admin can
TK-Kick a player.
; team_damage_expire_time -- number of minutes until team damage points
expire
; enable_xml_summary -- 0 is off, 1 is on. When enabled this will write
the current player data to an XML file periodically
; use_udpbstats --DEPRICATED--his setting is no longer used...
eight_ball_admin_level=3
team_damage_limit=200
ping_limit=600
zero_tolerance_time=0
protected_level = 2
kick_unnamed = 0
autokick_bantime = 2
vigilante_delay = 45
team_damage_expire_time = 10
enable_xml_summary=1
use_udpbstats=1

[announcements]
; announce_delay -- the time in seconds to wait between displaying
announcements. (set to 0 to disable)
; message1-n -- you may have any number of messages in this section,
they will be cycled thru in order from top to bottom, regardless of
numbering
announce_delay=120
message1=This server is running ^3UDPB-COD^7 Admin Bot
message2=Please visit AssassinsUnited.uphoria.net to assist us in
raising funds for the co-location
message3=Our Site is currently being reconstructed Please E-Mail at
clanau at cox.net for information on joining
;message4=^1PROTIP: ^7type ^1!help^7 in global chat to see available
commands
;message5=^1PROTIP: ^7Have you forgiven your teammates lately?
ular