[cod] Patch 1.2 requires glibc 2.3 OMG!!!

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 11:27:13 EST 2004

I don't have a list of the games to hand that crash under 2.3
but from what I recall its was about 8 out of the 46 games that
we support just crash.
Not to mention the server wont run under debian (stable),
FreeBSD ( default compat base ) and others.

We have over 70 machines here a large number of which are
running multiple CoD servers, upgrading them all because
one games patch requires 2.3 is just not practical.

When EliteForce II and BF1942 looked at using 2.3 it was
decided against due to the shear number of issues.

    Steve / K