[bf1942] Automatic download of missing maps - Was: [bf1942] Since we now have our new Andreas ;)

Joe sechon at blackmud.com
Mon May 9 11:39:10 EDT 2005

The problem would be the 'special client software' though -- No way to auto
download that. Sure, word of mouth will get some to us it, but still nowhere
near the numbers that would play custom maps (and create more!) if it was an
out-of-the-box or patch-provided feature.

A few groups attempted something very similiar for 1942/vietnam, and they
fizzled out because of the delivery problem of the client software..There's
no way to do it w/o the software at the client's end. :/