[bf1942] Something that has come up with server settings, and a reccomendation..

Neal Clayton xayd at vae-victus.org
Thu Mar 10 10:54:48 EST 2005

It doesn't matter whether you can tell the difference or not.

There isn't an admin present in every match, and regardless of whether
there were or not players should not have to constantly check server
settings to make sure they're not being changed.

Emailing a league admin with no proof that settings were altered mid
match makes no difference if there is no proof,  and without the server
notifying everyone that something has been changed, there is no proof.

Markus, you're wrong, your scenario doesn't account for systems in which
there is no time limit, and most league matches do not have time
limits.  If there's no clock, there's nothing to compare the spawn delay to.

And as far as being a "newb" team, I don't believe the team I played for
ever lost to yours.  Check the username on my email address.  Not only
that but I've also admin'd a league when my brother and I ran the NBFL,
you however have not.  We've all played just as long as you have, and
the only reason this has recently come up is probably just blind luck,
due to the fact that no one thought of abusing it before.  Or, perhaps
more likely, when it was abused there was no indication of its being
abused from the server so the person on the receiving end of server
settings abuse simply didn't notice it.  I've also read and participated
on this list alot longer than you have, going back to the old and now
non-existant forum for the bf'42 linux server on icculus.org, so I don't
need you to tell me what Dice does and does not do.  I don't expect this
to be changed in a patch for bf'42, bf'42 is a dead game competitively,
however it does need to be addressed for BF2 and the Dice employees who
do read this list have been pretty good about fixing problems that arose
with the server in the past.  This is a server issue, as much as a
gameplay issue.