AW: [bf1942] LAN Server crashs without internet connection

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at MatureAsskickers.net
Mon Jun 20 08:19:47 EDT 2005

--On Sunday, June 19, 2005 6:24 PM +0200 Stefan Temath
<stefan_temath at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I think, the Server is searching for an Internet/Gateway connection =
> after
> the start,
> if the the Server has some Information about a Gateway....
>
> ...and without any Infos...no Search for it :-)

That seems like a broken design if indeed it's sniffing the route tables.
Routing should be entirely up to the OS. Applications should be totally
unaware of it.

It would be useful to sniff the traffic on the interface (using tcpdump or
ethereal) to see what it's trying to do.