[bf1942] priorities?

Sebastian Latza mail at sebastian-latza.de
Tue Jun 14 19:38:13 EDT 2005

Joe wrote:

>Gee, either punish the private servers or release an actual working ded
>server for them..What's next? Pay-per-patching for dedicated servers?
>Dedicated server code leasing programs? I'd better stop giving them
>ideas..hah!

Great thing over here in germany is, that there is just one GSP who
offers offical ranked servers (ok we expected that so far)
but the fun part are the prices: for a 32-Slot server they are charging
234 Euros (~280 $) 64 players go for 450 Euros (~540 $).
I dunno about the prices elsewhere but these are some really scary
numbers compared to unranked providers, which go for about half
to a quarter of that (even cheaper with your own dedicated server).
Now _that's_ community-friendly :)
--
Sebastian Latza
mail at sebastian-latza.de