[bf1942] Issues regarding "ranked servers"

Michael Ressen netadmin at michiganburbs.com
Sun Jun 5 16:47:27 EDT 2005

InCisT wrote:
> Chris Adams wrote:
>
>> "The only support i've seen coming from the list in regards to this is
>> from GSPs that have obviously gotten a contract, so
>> they think its a great idea" - well you can hardly blame the ones of
>> us who
>> have no interest in actually playing the game :-)
>>
>> Seriously though I do agree that this is going to be truly awful if
>> non-ranked servers are not allowed exactly the same game that the ranked
>> servers have, just without the ranking, and keeping all this weapon
>> limiting to ranked servers only. If you take a look back at my post last
>> night though, I do think that this could turn out very well, with
>> serious gamers sticking to non-ranked servers (as really which serious
>> clan / league players care about global ranking?), and the n00bs, newbs
>> and l33t h4x0rs sticking to the ranked servers. I could however be
>> totally wrong.
>>
>> ---------------------------------------
>> Chris Adams
>> GameSwitch Ltd.
>> www.gameswitch.co.uk
>>
>> (0871) 218 GAME
>> +44 (0)871 218 4263
>>

> You sir, are an ass. Bfstats and sites like such, are dominated by clan
> members and clans looking to get the highest rank. EA knows this, and
> your in support of it becuase you are taking money out of players
> pockets for this.  I would venture to say that at least 75% of us that
> host servers started doin ti for the game, not for the money, and arent
> influenced by some money-toting asshole that is going to FUCK the
> community that already pays thier bills.  You play this game more then
> anyone, you buy hosting services, and such for your team, We are gonna
> FUCK you if you dont go with EA.
>
> Becuase pubbies make the market go around, and you should obviosuly
> cater to the pubbies.
>
> InCisT

ROFL!   Well said.

I'll never play on EA's servers.  Never did, never will.   They are too
unorganized, full of TKers, and you can't have a decent game there.

Everyone I know agrees with that as well, and we'll be playing on
privately funded GSP hosted servers.  If they're unofficial, then so be
it.  At least we'll have a decent game.

In fact, since I'm no longer hosting, I'll be coming to one of you guys
to rent an "unofficial" server in the US.   :)

/BA