[bf1942] Server freezing. BUG?

Jay Vasallo jayco1 at charter.net
Tue Jul 19 07:41:03 EDT 2005

>Are you using PunkBuster, and if so can you verify your DNS server can
>resolve names correctly?

>Pauses like these are typically delays from DNS, though I believe PB uses
>a thread to wait for DNS there might bugs or some other system using
>DNS (a python script perhaps?).

>// Andreas

I have this issue also. I am on a quad four and my dns is aok. PB has been
updated using the pbwebtool and I do not see any dns issues. The freeze
comes about eight hours into game play...freezes and then server dies. No
core dump. Are there exploits out for this game already? I am using ranked
server code.

Thanks in advance.

=o)