[bf1942] Server freezing. BUG?

Andreas Fredriksson deplinenoise at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 07:14:20 EDT 2005

On 7/19/05, Mikael Bååth <mikaelbaath at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone else have problems with the server freezing for a few
> seconds now and then? Mine does. Nothing I do ingame seem to cause it,
> it happened the last time with me and two others playing around on
> Strike at Karkand/16

Are you using PunkBuster, and if so can you verify your DNS server can
resolve names correctly?

Pauses like these are typically delays from DNS, though I believe PB uses
a thread to wait for DNS there might bugs or some other system using
DNS (a python script perhaps?).

// Andreas
--
And I hate redundancy, and having different functions for the same thing.
        - Linus Torvalds on linux-kernel