[bf1942] restart script

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Fri Jul 8 03:37:40 EDT 2005

On 7/7/2005 10:15 PM, David Harrison wrote:
> We've just released a piece of software we used to use to manage our
> game servers - GameMon will let you monitor servers via QStat and
> restart them if they fail a number of queries (or if the process dies).
>
> gamemon.exe -c "c:\games\bf2unranked\bf2_w32ded.exe" -d
> "c:\games\bf2unranked" -g gs3 -i 10.1.1.10 -p 29900

I'm guessing this isn't aimed at Linux users then.. although you could
do something similar in Linux easily enough with a shell script. I'm
planning on writing one tomorrow to check how many players are on the
server. If it goes an hour without any, restart the server. This should
prevent the memory usage getting out of control (we made it up to almost
2GB of memory used by the BF2 server earlier today)

James