[bf1942] win32 dedicated doesnt work (solution server bug)

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 20:27:11 EST 2004

Ok found the cause for this seems one of the tools or
the dedicated server itself had left a corrupt maplist.con in:
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\Battlefield Vietnam\Mods\BfVietnam\settings
I deleted:
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\Battlefield Vietnam\
And now the server works. No amount of playing / setting the map with
either dedicatedserver.exe or bfvcc made any difference.
Very reminiscent of the temporary maplist.con file on linux
for bf1942.

What I believe is happening is said file is temporary, if detected
it will be copied over the main maplist.con ( the way
the server changes level? ) unfortunately after being copied it
isn't immediately deleted ( done some time later? ). Hence if the
server crashes the file remains and we start the process over again.
I'd say this needs to be checked in both the linux and the win32 server.

    Steve / K