[bf1942] BFVCC & BFVC3 ?

Neal Clayton xayd at vae-victus.org
Tue Mar 16 20:31:30 EST 2004

Agreed, I got the last build from Sunday and have had no problems
running it.  I have also had no problems administering it with the
remote console app that I already had from BF.  If I need more people to
be able to start/stop/edit it, I can set up Usermin commands for them to
do so, and for anything else I can give them a link to the console
commands and tell them to RTFM.

The server works (outside of the mortar and shovel bugs), and with a
full server all yesterday afternoon I didn't seem to have any memory
leaks or outrageous CPU usage, considering my server's usual capacity of
24 players.

Would it be nice if EA/Dice provided a remote admin utility as slick and
refined as other games, like the Unreal engine's web interface?  Yeah,
it would be nice.  Is such a thing absolutely necessary to run a
server?  No.

How do you people run Linux and BSD servers if you're afraid of a
command line anyways? ;)

Lest you forget, we didn't get a Linux server for BF1942 until well
after the game's release, and didn't get a stable one until a couple
patches after the first even.  The fact that they put so much effort
into this one and gave us Peter to yell at before the game's release
gets a thumbs up from me.