[bf1942] [OT] DC F16 problem.

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Thu Jun 3 02:05:32 EDT 2004

On 5/24/2004 12:16 PM, James Gurney wrote:

> For the last few days we've been having a problem on our server with the
> F-16 in DC. It spawns with one wheel below the ground, like this:
>
> http://www.cracksmokingmonkeys.net/pics/f16.jpg

FYI, we found the "solution" to this problem. It's quite weird. It
happens only when using the static version of the bf1942 engine, and
apparently, it only happens on AMD64 machines. The annoying thing is,
the dynamic version crashes for us 4-5 times a day, and takes an age to
switch maps, while the static version is rock solid reliable and
switches maps fast. For now, we've decided to run with the static
version and live with the broken F16, for the much greater server stability.

If anyone has any insights as to why it happens with one version of the
engine, but not the other, I'd be interested to hear them :)

James