[bf1942] BF: Vietnam - BFCC to be bundled with it (OT)

Rick Thompson fortweb at fortweb.com
Fri Feb 27 20:39:43 EST 2004

I thought we were talking about BBO here, not BF1942. No game developer has
ever had a really good admin server/client interface, they build the game
and they are doing their job best by not concentrating on related software
that third parties are generally better at writing anyway. I watched Valve
stomp on/out third party anti-cheat software that worked far better than
the garbage they released to replace it.

UT does have the best provided by a developer but it still doesn't hold a
candle to stuff like HLGUI for HL servers... not even close. As far as that
goes, neither does the Kicker or BBO at this point in time.

All I was saying is that there is a lot more to it than just packaging BBO
with BFV. You can't expect DICE/EA to design their next game release around
a third party server manager.

Rick