[bf1942] BF: Vietnam - BFCC to be bundled with it (OT)

ståhl newiq at spray.se
Thu Feb 26 10:03:21 EST 2004

Imho bfsm is not that great. It has been prone to bugs and has on
several occasions been the source of server crashes. The interface has a
feeling of unresponsiveness or lag and has a real problem with saving
configurations. I also disagree with the 100% functionality-part since
some of them are unecessary to me personally (especially the scheduler).
It unorganized and it's also crammed onto a small space. On the other
hand, I don't know of any other program with so many options and the
fact that it's free. If Dice can top this I don't mind... really.

I reserve myself for any pebkac-based opinions that may have sneaked
itself in this mail.

Rick Thompson wrote:

> That would be a horrible mistake. We would never allow shell access to
> our machines and we don't even provide FTP to gameserver clients.
> Without the blackbagops interface we would drop the half dozen games
> we run in a heartbeat, it would not be worth the trouble or the risk.
>
> If they want to replace it with a like app that's fine. It has to have
> 100% of the same functionality though.
>
> Rick
>

> At 12:23 PM 2/26/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>
>> It appears that when BFV goes on sale they are going to bundle BFCC
>> with it
>> rather than the excellent tool provided by www.Blackbagops.com
>>
>> A petition has been started here:
>> http://www.blackbagops.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=12322#12322
>>
>> However I thought perhaps if someone official reads this list the issue
>> could be raised somewhere that matters? The blackbagops remote admin
>> tool is
>> far superior to anything else out there and they would be mad not to
>> officially support it.
>>
>> Sorry for this being off topic
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> -Paul
>>

>> ---
>> Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

Daniel "stahl" Ståhl
Bredbandsbolaget/Fegis.nu BF KGA Administrator
#b2 @ qnet