[bf1942] [BF42] EXPLOIT!

Rick Thompson fortweb at fortweb.com
Wed Feb 25 19:53:04 EST 2004

At 01:38 AM 2/26/2004 +0100, you wrote:

>Smells like a hoax if you ask me.
>
>I'd wait with the insertion of code into my binaries and I recommend
>everyone else doing the same.

I don't know about a hoax but I completely agree with your recommendation.
Editing code in a panic on the basis of one email to a list would be
unwise. For all we know at this point, the address was spoofed and the edit
is the exploit.

I am not suggesting it is, just that anything can happen. That link brings
up a 404 page for me and I can't find a word about it on any of the
security sites, Google or Yahoo. If it does exist, it is not in the wild yet.

Rick