[bf1942] Re: Verification required for whoccares at comcast.net, protected by 0Spam.com.

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Tue Feb 10 20:20:27 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 17:10, Christopher Kunz wrote:

> > I have emailed abuse departments, in vain of course.  Next up I will
> > reject the messages at SMTP time with nasty messages.
>
> ACK. Although nobody is going to get pissed at nasty SMTP 421 messages,
> since no human is going to read them.

They aren't 421's.  They're 55x's.  And... they should cause the sending
server to generate a bounce message.  If everything is set up correctly,
*somebody* should eventually see that bounce.  :-)

> Another thing that is annoying are the people who think it is wise to
> include a receipt request in every mail sent to a list. Of course, I
> don't give those out, but my client duly asks me each time. This is
> really superfluous on a mailing list.

I don't think my mail client supports sending Return Reciepts back, or
maybe just not to lists, I'm not sure.  I never see them any more.  When
I did see them, you can rest assured I always sent them.  ;-)

I like to know I'm adding to flooding the incompetent user's mailbox.
:-)

Rob