[bf1942] Map change process leak with 1.6rc2

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Sun Feb 8 08:36:11 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 02:23, Steven Hartland wrote:

> In other words its just there as a basic example and nothing
> to do with the real issue which is that using a looping script
> doesn't work due to the way the new process is created on
> map change. This results in 1 additional server per map
> change running e.g. after 2 map changes you will have 3 bf1942
> servers running which is obviously not good.

So how about instead of relying upon the server returning the console to
detect whether or not it finished running... put a sleep there and it
put it in a while loop checking for a process running with the bf
server's name?

I think my bash script was backwards... we need it to be while !(pgrep
bf1942 > /dev/null) rather than while the process is running... but you
get the picture.  Check for the process running, don't check to see if
it returned control of the console back to you.

Rob