[bf1942] Map change process leak with 1.6rc2

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Sun Feb 8 05:23:13 EST 2004

Don't think you read the post quite fully there rob
<quote>
The above is a very simple example which does nothing apart
from restart the server on crash but we use a more complex one
which does more, such as email notification and stats.
</quote>

In other words its just there as a basic example and nothing
to do with the real issue which is that using a looping script
doesn't work due to the way the new process is created on
map change. This results in 1 additional server per map
change running e.g. after 2 map changes you will have 3 bf1942
servers running which is obviously not good.

    Steve / K