[bf1942] BF2 + Logging in?

Michael Ressen netadmin at michiganburbs.com
Fri Dec 10 22:05:48 EST 2004

That's a good idea for comparing what comes down.   It's just you now
have to maintain an extra box that for GSP's doesn't generate revenue,
and take the time to go to such lengths to know what's happening to your
system.   That's the sad part I hope doesn't become a part of BF:2.
As admins, we want reduced interface time, easier to manage servers, and
fewer complications.   It's all about reduction of our time involved and
increasing the uptime of our servers.

What I find tough to swallow is that I'm really ticked off about things
like that, and many of you guys who operate GSP's aren't as vocal about
it.   I mean, I run public servers.  I get zero revenue - my partner and
I shell out money to keep large, stable public servers running so anyone
can hop on and play.   I don't want clan matches on my servers - I want
them to rent servers from you guys.   Now while stuff like this doesn't
really affect me in a time/money issue like it does you guys, I still
get bent when I hear about stuff like this, and I'm somewhat confused
about why you GSP guys aren't making a fuss about it.

/BA