[bf1942] Funny gameplay changes!

Stefan Engbersen stonex at freebsd.nl
Sun Aug 1 10:20:01 EDT 2004

It is sad to see Dice doesnt release patches for this game and just
leave it full of bugs after almost 1,5 years after
the releasedate. The most annoying bug imo is the reloadbug/soundbug,
when you switch back to your gun and
it reloads automatically while it was full and the bug if you take
another weapon from the ground, that other ones
keep hearing a shooting sound and know your position.
Though these are 2 of a lot of bugs still in BF1942.
Anyway, see the petition thread, we had a petition with 8000+ unique
signs, this says enough to me, this
is almost the whole european community tbh, mailed it to dice and afaik
didnt have a response.
BF:V will never make it to BF1942 if they keep making patches like
these. All topteams stick to BF1942, I even
see more and more players going back to CoD or BF1942.
This is mostly because of the balance, BF1942 is very balanced, maps,
vehicles etc..
With BF:V wars are decided when you take over a homebase or steal ONE
helicopter, this is just annoying.
Anyway enough said, I really hope Dice will ever reconsider and make a
usefull debugging patch for BF1942, that's
all we ask, we don't need new maps or new weapons/vehicles. We never
asked for Philipines or those sucky Johnson gun.
If they invested the time they put into those new thing into debugging,
we would not whine by now.

I dont say steam is right, but Valve at least knows how to keep a game
alive!
And the best = ID Software ofcourse, woohoo client linuxbinaries for
doom3 :)

Have a nice weekend,

Regards,

Stefan aka stx