[bf1942] CD key hashes

Scratch Monkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Wed Oct 22 02:19:13 EDT 2003

--On Tuesday, October 21, 2003 10:41 PM -0700 James Gurney
<james at globalmegacorp.org> wrote:

> Ok, I figured it out. It is in fact a straight md5 hash of the CD key, but
> without the dashes. ie, if your CD key is:
>
> 1234-5678901-2345678-9012
>
> Then you need to do:
>
> md5(1234567890123456789012) to get the hash used by BF.

So would I be correct in believing that one could use the md5sum utility,
feeding the string from stdin, for instance? If so, then any Windows user
could grab that binary from Cygwin (plus the latest Cygwin DLL) to get his
hash.