[bf1942] CD key hashes

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Wed Oct 22 01:41:02 EDT 2003

Ok, I figured it out. It is in fact a straight md5 hash of the CD key,
but without the dashes. ie, if your CD key is:

1234-5678901-2345678-9012

Then you need to do:

md5(1234567890123456789012) to get the hash used by BF.

I knocked up some simple PHP code to generate these which you can view
here: http://fez.cracksmokingmonkeys.net/md5.phps (remove the 's' to see
the actual form - obviously, you don't want to go posting your CD key
across the internet to my server (although my code doesn't do any
logging, as you can see in the source).

Cheers,

James