[bf1942] Anti cheat tool

Andreas Fredriksson andreas.fredriksson at dice.se
Wed Nov 19 03:24:28 EST 2003

Excluding data from the client simulation on the server would be a bad
design
decision for BF because of our complex vehicle support; if the client and
server
were not in sync when an enemy vehicle entered the client frustum it
wouldn't
look the same on all connected clients, and the physics code would kick in
from
there, much as if you come with in a certain distance from an AI bot (they
LOD).

Also, some vehicles are very fast compared to foot soldiers, and doing
special
cases for these would become cumbersome and wildly inaccurate because we
can't
know how the vehicles modders put in would behave in these conditions.

That said, rest assured that 1.6 will address cheating in a very good way.
We
actually do care and we're hard at work to make sure 1.6 puts and end to
nearly
all the present and future cheats.. More details in an upcoming EA community
update.

// Andreas