[bf1942] okay....tell me what this means

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Fri May 30 18:57:16 EDT 2003

Stewart, John wrote:

> No, this is what Andreas said all along would be the case. I don't know how

No it's not.

> There is no other practical way to do this. How would the server be able to
> determine what is legit and what is not?

Because, quoting Andreas again:

"The server administrator can also decide to add additional CRC bundles
for clients using certain mods he decides to allow. "

And:

"Yes, this is the idea. There will actually be one CRC line for each map
and game mode for every mod. This file can be generated by using a shell
script to loop over all the maps and game modes and have the executable
spit out the CRCs."

James