AW: [bf1942] linux server problems with DC broken objects and jerkiness, is anyone running a succesfull dc linux server?!?
pkiene at freenet.de
Sun May 4 05:16:50 EDT 2003
Von: matt [mailto:matt at planetmirror.com]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 4. Mai 2003 08:38
An: bf1942 at icculus.org
Betreff: [bf1942] linux server problems with DC broken objects and
jerkiness, is anyone running a succesfull dc linux server?!?
now without sounding too stupid nor attracting similar undue flames
imho, can someone point me to the supposed "nice write up about stream
messages in the README file"? i mean, i dont know what README file you
guys are looking at, but ive read the one that comes with each .bz2
package released by ryan and none of them make any mention about stream
debug messages. the only reference is to STUB: messages which are
completely different to what im looking at?
you can find this in the "README-bf1942-lnxded.txt" in the bz2 package.
The last part is most important. :-)
- If you see the message "STUB: Hope this isn't important" and such,
them. STUB messages are harmless debugging reminders for the
will go away in a later version.
- If you see "(0): Error: : 1Failed to load", disregard it. This is a
- The "Couldn't open flat archive file "Mods/BF1942/Archives/sound.rfa""
message is safe, too; there's no sound or textures in the
- Likewise, there's a lot of scripting warnings about missing
functionality. Ignore them.
- In fact, ignore anything written to your screen. :)
More information about the Bf1942