[bf1942] linux server problem whith: this beta of this game expired

Omran Quaiser omran at web.de
Sun May 4 07:37:48 EDT 2003

Hi,

I tried to install the Linux Server but I got following Problem:

Sorry, but this beta of the game has expired, and will no
 longer run. This is to prevent tech support on out-of-date
 and prerelease versions of the game. Please go to
 http://bf1942.ea.com/ for information on getting a release
 version that does not expire.

 From where I can get an actual update, I found one in
http://icculus.org/betas/bf1942/ whith the name
bf1942-lnxded-betaupdate-build-LastFromRyan.tar.bz2 from the 17.3.2003
but it still does not work (it seems to me that the patch is to old)

I downloaded the Version v1.3 beta 2.

Thanks in advance.

Bye
Omran