Coop mode uses all CPU, denies client connections

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Fri Mar 21 09:28:58 EST 2003

I hadn't tried coop mode before this week and discovered that using it
quickly soaks up all available CPU and makes it impossible for clients to
connect. My ssh sessions became unresponsive (eventually they accepted the
command to kill the server) and the server zoomed to the top of the list in
top. Anybody connected to my TeamSpeak server dropped off as it was unable
to relay packets (thank god for auto-reconnect!) and my other servers
(Tribes 2) started dropping players.

Conquest mode continues to work just fine.

BTW, once this works right, how do I control the number of bots, and how do
I get them all on one team? I want to set up a passworded practice and use
the bots as "sparring partners", so I need as many bots as people on my
team. I then want to cycle the map to simulate match conditions.