[bf1942] BandwidthChokeLimit and MaxAllowedConnectionType

Fredriksson, Andreas andreas.fredriksson at dice.se
Fri Mar 21 04:49:16 EST 2003

Hello,

I checked this with our network programmer.

>on the client side work together. As far as I understand,
>the BandwidthChokeLimit limits the total traffic for all players
>together, so setting this to 16 would mean, dont sent more than
>16 kilobytes/sec. (or 128 kilobits/sec.) out of the network
>interface.

The limit is in bytes, not kilobytes, and the server couldn't possibly
limit the connections to 16 bytes / second. :-)
It will instead try to limit it as much as possible but give
up if it is impossible.

>The AllowedConnectionType on the server and the Connection on the
>clients should controll the traffic for an individual client. So
>Min(game.ServerMaxAllowedConnectionType,game.setConnection) should
>be the limit for the client, right?

Yes, you are correct. However I believe the console command on the
client is called game.setConnectionType.

Regards,
Andreas