[bf1942] game.ServerBandwidthChokeLimit 0 & Desert Combat Mod

roger rogerxxmaillist at san.rr.com
Fri Mar 14 15:28:58 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 12:15, Kevin J. Anderson wrote:

> ->Linux?
> ->I've only seen one or two linux beta servers up when using the bf1942
> ->game to connect to the internet.  What gives?  There are not allot of
> ->linux servers ...or are all the Servers named something other then Linux
> ->masking their presence?
>
> just install DC on your windows box, then scp or whatever the folder inthe
> battlefield/mods directory over to teh same folder in your linux server,
> then its something like +game desert_combat in the command line.

eh. don't have a seperate box yet...it's still in storage :-(

nah. just needed the confirmation that it's only the mods/ folder that
needed to be cp'd (ie synced). i'm almost positive that i can atleast
use wine to extract the desertcombat.com mods to any folder (i already
extracted the darn thing to compactflash card acting as c:\\!!!...darn
windows! lol)

> there are not many linux servers because a) 1.3.1 is not out yet for linux,
> and b) the linux server is still very beta, and reasonably buggy.

:-(

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html