[bf1942] game.ServerBandwidthChokeLimit 0 & Desert Combat Mod

Kevin J. Anderson lestat at counter-strike.net
Fri Mar 14 15:15:15 EST 2003

->-----Original Message-----
->From: roger [mailto:rogerxxmaillist at san.rr.com]
->Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 2:49 PM
->To: bf1942 at icculus.org
->Subject: [bf1942] game.ServerBandwidthChokeLimit 0 & Desert Combat Mod
->
->Bandwidth limit?
->game.ServerBandwidthChokeLimit 0  what is the definition of this
->setting?
->
->A seasoned linux user but have yet to see a url pointing to the website
->that is well documented with these settings.
->
->Basically, i'm looking for the setting that enhances game play by not
->allowing ping levels reach a certain level, or else it will punt them
->(ie no pings >250ms)
->
->Desert Combat Mod?
->Also, i'm trying to find info on howto apply the desertcombat.com mod to
->this server.  I would pressume to unzip or install the mod via using
->wine but specify the ./bf1942/bf1942-lnxded-1.3beta/ as the install
->folder?  (however, think most and I would just rather unzip and cp -rf
->that over into the working ./bf1942/bf1942-lnxded-1.3beta/ ;-)
->
->Linux?
->I've only seen one or two linux beta servers up when using the bf1942
->game to connect to the internet.  What gives?  There are not allot of
->linux servers ...or are all the Servers named something other then Linux
->masking their presence?

just install DC on your windows box, then scp or whatever the folder inthe
battlefield/mods directory over to teh same folder in your linux server,
then its something like +game desert_combat in the command line.

there are not many linux servers because a) 1.3.1 is not out yet for linux,
and b) the linux server is still very beta, and reasonably buggy.

kev