[bf1942] show me the hardware, show me the hardware!

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Thu Jun 19 13:19:07 EDT 2003

Kevin J. Anderson wrote:

> I recently solved the *idle* high cpu issue by following andreas' suggestion
> to use the 2.4.21 vanilla kernel stripped down, mentioned here in this
> thread.

Yep, seen it. Don't have the idle problem myself (I always run a
personally customized kernel anyway, and I always strip out the 90%
which is not needed).

The thing which is odd to me is that going from 1.3 to 1.4 caused (at
load) cpu use to practically double. I'll have to try running a plain bf
server for a night and see if it's caused by DC. If it is, it's odd that
it wasn't as much of a problem with 1.3.

James