[bf1942] the pure / unpure server issue - need clarification

Kenneth Porter shiva at SewingWitch.com
Tue Jun 3 18:27:25 EDT 2003

--On Tuesday, June 03, 2003 12:20 PM +0600 "--=*dD*|Campino=--"
<campino at divine-devils.de> wrote:

> As far as I understood Andreas, checking mode 1 will reject EACH
> client thatdoes not have a PURE BF (and MODs). Therefore NO client
> side mods are allowed since they edit the init.con of any mod they eed
> to edit

I'm wondering about the init.con thing. That's a text config file and I
suspect it's not part of the CRC checking, just as, say, the video config file
wouldn't be. I'd expect that only the binary files get checked. But the list
of files to check would be gated by the contents of the config files, so if
they requested the loading of additional binary files not included in the CRC
list, the CRC check would fail.

BTW, when does the check happen, and is it of the files or of the memory they
occupy? Is anything being done to periodically verify the integrity of memory,
to protect the client from "live patch" programs?