[bf1942] the pure / unpure server issue - need clarification

--=*dD*|Campino=-- campino at divine-devils.de
Tue Jun 3 02:20:02 EDT 2003

Hello yokai^]_[,

y_> hi andreas, list,

y_> thanks a lot for replying, i know you must be very busy right now with the
y_> immenent release and all
y_> just one further clarification, it's again because of that cheat gateway
y_> called merciless:
y_> if i don't clear merciless (and i really don't want to) and players have it
y_> installed anyway as many have the server will get positive crc check for
y_> bf1942 and a negative one for merciless. what does the server do now if it's
y_> set to:

y_> content checking mode "1" ?
y_> content checking mode "2" ?

y_> with 1 the server would kick the player because of the mod i believe?
y_> what happens with 2 enabled?

y_> thanks,
y_> yokai

As far as I understood Andreas, checking mode 1 will reject EACH
client thatdoes not have a PURE BF (and MODs). Therefore NO client
side mods are allowed since they edit the init.con of any mod they eed
to edit

If the server is in checking mode 2 than any client side mods are
allowed for which the owner of the server has build CRC checksums for
the client side mod files and added these into the contentCrc32.con

So if I have a server running in mode 2 and I haven't added the CRC
checksums for the Merciless Addon, no one who has installed it will be
able play on my server...

--
Greetz,
--=*dD*|Campino=--