[bf1942] Off Topic Admin Question

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Fri Jul 25 14:02:36 EDT 2003

Chad Rose wrote:
> Yes, their biggest problem is editing the ServerSettings.con and/or starting
> a server with the +config example.con.  I have spent several hours now
> trying to teach them how to change these settings but it's alot of work
> having to teach them how to do it from login, through the directory
> structure, killing the process to stop server, and the different commands
> that 'vi' uses,

You force your hosted server users to use vi? And you wonder why they
find it difficult? Not to start a vi vs. any other editor on the planet
war, but if you want to make things easy for them to use, you could at
least give them an editor like pico or something. ie, one that a child
of 4 could use.

James