[bf1942] Off Topic Admin Question

Lee Latham leeprivate at cgmlarson.com
Fri Jul 25 14:19:45 EDT 2003

I think it would be simpler to create a CGI script to create
ServerSettings.con for them.

Teaching people vi against their will is not too rewarding...been there,
done that!

At 12:59 PM 7/25/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Yes, their biggest problem is editing the ServerSettings.con and/or starting
>a server with the +config example.con.  I have spent several hours now
>trying to teach them how to change these settings but it's alot of work
>having to teach them how to do it from login, through the directory
>structure, killing the process to stop server, and the different commands
>that 'vi' uses, and then restarting the server.  I absolutely cannot wait
>for something web based to come out.... I almost think this will be the only
>way to make these people happy.  I will be waiting patiently and thankyou
>for the quick replies.  That's what makes this list admirable to say the
>least.

Lee M. Latham
Vice Field Marshall Admiral Imperator Generalissimo of Sales and Support
(muy importante)
+1 (713) 977-4177 x.103
lee at cgmlarson.com