AW: [bf1942] chown on start?

Reinder P. Gerritsen reinder at strikerz.net
Fri Jul 4 06:32:22 EDT 2003

If it were a root process that tried to write to the file... It would
without trouble have done so. (there was no immutable flags on the
file.)

It was running in the backgroud als it's own user. Wat exactly happened
I could not trace back. Fact was: the box froze completely at mapchange
where it previously did not.
Difference was a change of filerights of the config files. (since I
copied another config to the location after I editted as root.

Aparently, a mall programmed UT Server (and I believe strongly this
linux server wasn't exactly great programming. It seemed quite unstable
to me) could bring down the system in running in user-land.