AW: [bf1942] chown on start?

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Fri Jul 4 03:23:29 EDT 2003

--On Friday, July 04, 2003 8:23 AM +0200 "Reinder P. Gerritsen"
<reinder at strikerz.net> wrote:

> Tried that in Unreal Tournament once. The result was I had to drive back
> to the colocation some 60 km away, because not being able to write to
> config caused UT to K.O. my box. Was realy happy about that at 11 pm.
> ;-)

How would a userland process freeze the box? Or were you running it as
root? Which I would think not because otherwise what would be the whole
point of chowning the config?